We had a fabulous long weekend---Ben had Monday off and didn't work at ALL the entire weekend (rare for him) so it was nice having him home all three days. On Saturday we took the kiddos to the playground and spent the day doing stuff around the house. Sunday we got a babysitter for the day and went out on the boat and to the beach with a big group of friends. It was a wonderfully relaxing day---I can't remember the last time I chilled on the beach without children! Ben spent the night out at the island with all of the boys and "roughed it" sleeping on an air mattress with some beach towels. :) Yesterday, Ben and I took Grayson and EC to the beach for a few hours and then came home and had some friends over for a Memorial Day cookout. We set up baby pools and a sprinkler and the kiddos all had a blast getting wet while the adults enjoyed delicious food and cocktails. I didn't take many pictures this weekend so all I have are a few from the cookout yesterday...
I was tagged by Andrea. So here are the rules as to what I had to do and if you are one of my lucky 7 below then you need to also do the following:1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog .Here are my Seven:
1. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower. We have a huge hydrangea bush in front of our new house and I cut a few blooms today for the first time...I'm going to love having fresh hydrangeas around the house for the next few weeks!
2. I prefer frozen veggies to fresh ones...I don't like the pressure of having to eat them before they go bad.
3. The sound of fingernails scratching blue jeans makes me want to throw up. The sound of fingernails being filed is almost as bad but I've trained myself to tolerate that sound a little more over the past couple of years.
4. Ben wanted me to put this on on the list, although I don't think it's all that weird: I laugh uncontrollably when I ride roller coasters....I start laughing when the ride begins and don't stop until it's over. Ben just thinks this is weird because he's terrified of roller coasters. :)
5. I love, love, love being pregnant---the throwing up, exhaustion, terrible reflux, and 4 months of bedrest included. Love every bit of it and wish I could be pregnant ten more times.
6. I'm double jointed in my ankles, hips, and fingers.
7. I wanted to be a toll booth collector when I was little because I thought I'd get to keep all of the money. :)
Emma Claire is 11 months old today...it's so hard to believe that there's only one more month until her first birthday. I don't know where the past year has gone! She continues to light up our world and fill our hearts with love every day. Miss Priss took her first steps this week but hasn't taken off walking just yet---she's a daredevil when it comes to almost anything but walking. She's still being pretty cautious but I won't be surprised if she's all over the place next week. Here are some pictures I took today on her 11 month birthday!
My brother, Alan, graduated from law school last weekend. We are so proud of him and know that he will be a very successful attorney. He now gets to spend his summer studying for the Bar, which he takes in July. Congratulations, Alan! We love you! :)
Emma Claire is getting braver every day and is starting to let go and stand on her own. She's already all over the place, and I can only imagine what she'll be getting into when she starts walking. This is my absolute favorite age of babies---I love watching her learn and grow so much every day!
Grayson has been doing really well with going on the potty lately! Last week he went five times in one day (a record!) and on Wednesday he stayed dry all morning and told his teacher he had to go twice. We are SO proud of our big boy!
Today Grayson and I went to the Mother's Day Tea at his school and I found even more evidence that the potty is on his mind. This is too cute---as a gift for the mommies, every student had to draw a portrait of his/her mommy and say what their mommy looks like and what they like to do together. Here is the picture of Grayson's portrait and his description of me and what we like to do together. HA!! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, especially after reading the other children's that described playing outside, going on airplanes, etc. I don't know what I'd do without my funny little Grayson! :)