Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tapping my inner creative side...


I am far from creative---I'd love to be and I'm envious of those who are, but I'm just not. I've heard a lot about Scrapblog lately and have messed around with it a little but never had much success. Tonight I decided that I would try to design a Christmas card...and check out what I did! It's not great by any means, but it's not half bad! I'm think I'm going to play around some more and hopefully save some money this year by designing our Christmas cards instead of ordering them like I usually do. The Halloween picture is just for demonstration purposes only--I had some professional pictures done last week that I'm hoping will turn out cute enough to use for our Christmas card. What do you think? :)

post signature

9 comments:

These are the Days! said...

CUTE, Margaret!!! Will you print them at home??? That's an awesome idea!!!!!!!! ;)

Midwest Miscellany said...

It looks great Margaret. What paper would you print them on? I think a nice textured paper could be nice. I love the red patterned background.

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

Hey there! I love them! I've played around with Scrapblog too and too, haven't had much luck. Didn't think about it for Christmas cards. I'm the same way- I'd like to do something a little different this year. How are you going to print them? I'm anxious to try my hand at the same now!

Margaret said...

thanks! i don't know if i'll print them myself or have them printed---i'm not a fan of glossy photo paper for Christmas cards, so i was thinking some kind of thick cardstock. wilma, good idea about the textured paper!

Imcombobulated said...

I think it looks great! Well done, Margaret!

Lillian Thomas said...

Love it, Margaret!

Jessica Ryan said...

Adorable Margaret! Don't print them at home! It's a major PITA and you will waste time and money on printing and ink! Take it from someone who has done this!

Margaret said...

thanks for the tip, jess! i was thinking that might be the case. our printer is still packed in a box in the garage from our move in february, and i was already dreading finding it and setting it up. either way, just designing myself will save $$--i think i spent at least $200 on cards last year, and this has got to be cheaper, right?

Susan said...

Great Job!! They look very professional!