Tuesday, January 13, 2009

18 months old




Emma Claire turned 18 months old right before Christmas so I'm doing this post a little late, but I guess late is better than never! She is our little drama queen and is FULL of personality. She never stops moving and can throw award-winning tantrums, but we are so very thankful that Emma Claire is a part of our family. She's our little climber and has recently started jumping---she loves jumping from the coffee table to the couch, from the ottoman to the chair, from the chair to the floor, etc. I predict many broken bones in this girl's future! She is very affectionate and gives the best hugs and kisses...in fact, just this morning I walked into the den to find Grayson and Emma Claire hugging and giggling. Don't get me wrong, they do their fair share of fighting, but they love each other so much and can have such a good time together that it sometimes brings tears to my eyes to see what good buddies they are. I pray that they continue to be close as they grow up together. 

We had her 18 month check up yesterday and she's doing perfectly developmentally and is growing right on track. She weighs 23 lb 10 oz (down a few ounces from a week ago before she was sick) and I can't remember her height but she's in the 55th percentile. She's saying more every day and just said "Hey Daddy" this morning--her first sentence! I love this age where they literally change before your eyes every day. Happy 18 months, sweet Emma Claire! 

post signature

No comments: