Sunday, March 28, 2010

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

What a crazy week we have had!! From Friday to Friday, our week included:

  • RSV (Whitt)
  • strep throat (Emma Claire)
  • stomach bug (Ben)
  • 104 degree fever/ear infection (Whitt)
  • sprained ankle (me)
  • me backing into Emma Claire's teacher's car
  • the police visiting our house because a neighbor didn't like where the men doing our yard work were putting the leaves and yard debris so they called and reported us (RIDICULOUS, and the police just laughed, thank goodness)
  • our cat taking an enormous dump on a rug
  • a toilet overflowing onto the floor
  • two sinks and a bathtub stopping up
...and I could go on, but you get the picture. At one point I wondered if we were on candid camera or something. This has just not been our week! Thankfully, everybody is feeling better except for poor Whitt. He just cannot shake this RSV and we're well into week two of it. The ear infection I'm sure doesn't help things, but please say some prayers that his cough and wheezing start to ease up soon. The good news is that he's really been healthy up until this point, so at least it's not anything he's had to deal with for a long time--and this is his first ear infection and the first time he's been on antibiotics, so I don't think that's too bad for an almost-9-month old.

In other news, it's SPRING BREAK, baby!!!! Grayson and EC have the week off from school and we are so excited to have a whole week to do lots of fun things together. We are trying to plan as many fun things as we can around Whitt's therapy schedule, and the weather is supposed to be beautiful so that's an added bonus. We're babysitting Emma Claire's class pet, Belle, the guinea pig, for the week---so all fingers are crossed that we can keep Belle alive, especially after our week of bad luck and the warning from EC's teacher that Belle is very old so "please don't feel badly if you wake up one day and he's not alive anymore." Great, that's all I need!!!! :)

Happy Spring Break, everybody!

post signature

12 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

if a casserole and bottle of wine would ship well, it would be on your doorstep in the morning...hang in there :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like you've had a year's worth of bad luck all in one week. Happy Spring Break! Hope all the kiddos enjoy their time off from school and stay well.

girlsmom said...

What a week!

I'maNolaGirl said...

I hope this week is better than last! And I can't wait to hear all about Belle!!!

Andrea said...

Oh Margaret!!! I hope you have an awesome week of fun next week to make up for last week! Talk to you soon! Lots of love to you and the kiddos, especially poor little Whitt!

Bridgit said...

Oh my ...now I will say ...things can only get better right :-)

I heart said...

I hope this week is MUCH better than last!!!

Jodie said...

well, it cant get much worse (I dont believe in knocking on wood)...make christie come over for some wine and whine(or cosmos)!

Sharon said...

Hope today starts the begining to a GREAT new week!! :) Sharon

These are the Days! said...

Margaret--ugh! What an awful week! I'm so sorry, and I hope this week is MUCH better!
xoxoxo

Micah said...

WHY does it all come at once?!?!?

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings and Happy Easter.

Sure makes for an interesting life. Never a dull moment!