Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Menu Monday (on Tuesday)

As I said in the last post, I fell asleep at 8:30 last night, so even though I had every intention of doing menu Monday on an actual Monday, that didn't happen. Sorry! :)

I spent more time on the couch cuddling sick little ones last week instead of in the kitchen cooking, so not as much on the menu as usual. Here you go!

Monday: Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie. It's in her Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, and like I said last week, it's the BEST BEST BEST chicken pot pie recipe I have ever had. I promise. The recipe I found online is from a blog that copied it from the cookbook (I'm not sure that's legal so I'm not going to do it), but you really need to buy the cookbook because she has pictures of every step and shows exactly what to do. It's not the easiest recipe, especially making the crust, but the effort is so worth it.

Tuesday: chicken pot pie leftovers

Wednesday: Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts and Feta Cheese. I don't know why I've never made this before! Christie has told me about it enough times that I should have, and after the reaction my family had, I certainly will make it again. This was so incredibly easy to make, plus chicken thighs are always a favorite of mine anyway. I was planning on having some left over for the next night but there wasn't a single bit left after we finished.

Thursday: I can't remember!! Couldn't have been anything exciting if I can't remember!

Friday: we went out for sushi with friends and kiddos had macaroni with a babysitter

Saturday: we went out for dinner again with some more friends and kiddos had macaroni (again! their choice!) with a sitter

Sunday: Avocado Pasta with Tomato and Bacon. WOW. That pretty much sums it up. Beth is a friend from college and has this awesome cooking blog, which is where I found the recipe. It takes almost no time at all---I started boiling the water for the noodles, and by the time the noodles were ready, I was finished with everything else. How easy is that? It was so good that I intended to make it for the entire family, and when I tasted it, I ended up making peanut butter and jelly for the kids and saving the the real dinner for just us adults. Selfish, yeah, but can you blame me? :) I did double the bacon, and next time I might even triple it---we love bacon around here! This will most definitely join the regular rotation of dinners in our household. Thanks, Beth!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Totally loving all of your recipes! I made the PW pot pie last week and it was to die for! I can't wait to try some of these! :)