Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grayson's (mis)adventure with our tree...

Last night Grayson pulled our Christmas tree down onto himself. The entire tree. It made for a scary few moments but he thankfully was fine, although many of our ornaments were not. One second Grayson was showing Ben an ornament he made in school, and the next thing we knew, the tree was falling down and knocked Grayson to the ground. Ben quickly pulled the tree off of him and I grabbed him as fast as I could and checked him all over for cuts/bumps before I helped him calm down. I also shed a few tears for the broken ornaments all over our floor, but all that really matters is that Grayson wasn't hurt. Our tree is now securely tied to the wall and will be headed off to be made into mulch the day after Christmas!

It had never even occurred to us that we needed to secure the tree to the wall---it's in a big, sturdy tree stand and Grayson rarely messes with it. All it took was one little tug on that branch and down it came. I'm sure every Christmas tree we have from now until 2025 will be tied to the wall! :)


post signature

4 comments:

Katie said...

How scary!! I'm glad that Grayson is okay. Just when you think you have everything childproofed....

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad Grayson is ok. Sorry to hear about your ornaments : (

Marie said...

I'm glad he's ok - let me go tie down our tree right now...

Leah said...

Oh my! I did not even think of that. These kids are too much! I am glad that Grayson was ok and it was only ornaments that were broken.