Thursday, December 6, 2007

Trip to Indiana

Sorry for being such a blogging slacker lately! We were out of town for the weekend and it's taken me three days to finally get back into the swing of things! We had a fabulous weekend in Indiana visiting my best friend Jeni, her husband Ryan, and their new baby, Jackson. Jackson is SO, SO adorable and it was wonderful being able to finally hold him and love on him! He has the most kissable cheeks I've ever seen! Jeni and Ryan are fabulous parents, but I wouldn't have expected any less. Jeni and I became friends when my family moved to Indiana the summer before 3rd grade, and we've managed to stay close even though it's been over 10 years since we've lived in the same state. It's hard to believe that we're mamas seems like just yesterday we were in high school.

Ben and I survived our first airplane trip with both children. It wasn't the easiest thing we've ever done, but it wasn't too bad. Our flight to Indy left at 5:30am, so we were up bright and early at 3 trying to get the car packed with our luggage and wake the children up. The security folks at the Savannah airport were on a power-trip so they barked at us the whole time we were trying to get through security---Grayson was screaming because they fussed at him for not taking his shoes off (I was furious with these people) and I was so flustered that I fell and sprained my ankle in the middle of everything. We finally made it onto the airplane--with Grayson's huge carseat, 2 carry-on bags, a double stroller, and both children. All went well until Emma Claire decided to have the biggest blowout she's ever had AND I ran out of wipes while changing her. I ended up having to throw her clothes in the trash and use the changing pad to finish cleaning her up. Luckily, I had a change of clothes for her and Jeni and Ryan didn't mind us giving her a bath as soon as we got to their house! :) We had a fun-filled weekend of catching up, shopping, eating, going to the children's museum (the "choo choo wains" were his favorite!), and playing with the babies. Ryan even took Ben to the Colts game on Sunday (Ben's first pro-football game!).

Our flights home on Monday were uneventful until we finally made it to the car, got everything and everybody buckled in, and then realized we had a completely flat tire. I got to watch my manly hubby change a tire---almost. He was in a huge hurry to get back and do a presentation that evening for work, so I called in for backup and a repair guy came and helped Ben finish with the tire. Ben "did the hard part" and the guy finished up with "the easy stuff", according to Ben. :) Anyway, we made it back home just in time for Ben to run inside, put on a suit, and run out the door for his presentation. Now, three days later, I'm almost caught up on laundry and the kiddos are getting back into their usual routines.

post signature


Andrea said...

Yea! I am so glad to see your pictures from you trip! They are adorable!! Hate to see the travel there was a little crazy but I am sure it was all worth it!!

Marie said...

I'm glad you made it there and back in 1 piece - those TSA people can be a real pain. Arg.
I love all the pictures - they are both just too cute.

Buffie said...

OMG!!! I am exhausted just reading that...I have just read it outloud to my hubby and he agrees with me that we could have never done that. For the record, my hubby would have been impossible to live with for the next 36 hours after that trip..kudos to Ben!!!!