Monday, January 14, 2008

A work in progress...

Looking into EC's nursery

Gorgeous crib skirt
This dress was mine when I was a baby :)


Matching pillow

I haven't been happy with Emma Claire's nursery ever since I started working on it before she was born. I never could find anything that I was in love with so I ended up getting some Pottery Barn bedding that was pretty but still didn't feel right. Then...a couple of weeks ago I was on one of my favorite blogs, Sippycups are for Chardonnay, and found the COOLEST website called Javis Davis. It's a custom baby/kid's bedding site where you choose from the most gorgeous fabric selections and you design your own nursery. I ordered a crib skirt in Watermelon Floral and it came in less than a week (wow!). It's PERFECT and is totally the look I was going for but never could find. I also got a pillow to match, and because it was used in their design gallery, I got it for 50% off---so if you order any accessories from them be sure to ask if there are any that have a discount. I found some pink and white gingham crib sheets on Pottery Barn Kids that match perfectly, so I'm waiting on those to arrive.


Just ordered (and will hopefully complete the look I'm going for so I can stop spending money!)...daybed skirt in lime dot trimmed in pink gingham:

More pictures to come when the daybed skirt comes in!


post signature

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it! It is beautiful!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

You're so lucky to have a girl. There's just something "not fun" about navy pinstriped sheets...again.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like a "work in progress" to me.... it is gorgeous! Baby Girl rooms are so fun to decorate, I think it looks wonderful.
Courtney

MatersandMelons said...

I love the new bedding! That makes me want to get Gibson's nursery looking better...

Fishy Busyness said...

Aaaah. You got "pimped," that's how you did it! Thanks for the tip. I found your blog yesterday and read miles. I had my girl first and didn't fully appreciate the fabulousness until I had my two boys. Enjoy!! She is darling.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Beautiful! I love that website, too.

LSU Melanie said...

So cute and sweet!

LSU Melanie said...

So cute! Thanks for the comment...I can tell this blogging stuff is very addictive:) I really enjoy reading yours. Nice to "meet" you!

Dena said...

Okay - that looks sooo good! what a beautiful room! I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I bookmarked the site.