Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've been tagged!


Alex tagged me for 7 Random facts--go check out her blog if you get a chance! Alex's husband is one of my brother's good friends, and they adopted the most gorgeous baby from Ethiopia a few months ago. Eli radiates happiness, and Alex and Dan are fabulous parents--it's evident in all of Alex's loving blog entries. Thanks for tagging me, Alex! 

Here I go....7 random/weird facts about me:

1. I hate going to the dentist. Getting my teeth cleaned makes me so anxious and nervous that I usually sit in the chair and shake the whole time. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I'd much rather go to the gyno than the dentist, and I don't hesitate to tell the dental hygienist that. 

2. I've had migraines since I was 5 years old. I usually get 3 or so a week, and when I'm pregnant I get none. That is awesome. 

3. My friend Christie and I are starting a stork rental business. More on that to come very soon! 

4. I have a master's degree in school counseling, and I'm a stay-at-home mommy. I don't regret deciding to quit my job one bit, although I wouldn't mind going back to work again one day. 

5. I didn't name either of my children---I love their names, but Ben picked them out. Grayson is named after Ben (Grayson Bennett) and I wanted Emma Claire to be Clara Elizabeth. I get to decide on the next child's name! :)

6. I am terribly unorganized. I don't make lists, I don't keep a calendar, and I hate to file. I'd rather just remember appointments in my head or keep stacks of important things in cabinets or drawers. I own a really fun Mom Agenda calendar that I keep in my pocketbook and take everywhere I go, but I rarely write in it and when I do I usually forget that I've written in it. This drives most of my friends (who are all extremely list and calendar-oriented!) crazy. 

7. My 3-year-old told me today that "the magic word is dammit". I burst out laughing and had to leave the room because I couldn't stop and it just made him keep repeating it. After I calmed myself down, I went back and had a discussion about how it's a bad word and we don't say things like that (note to self: watch your mouth). Oops. :(

I'm going to tag:

Have fun, girls! :)

post signature

3 comments:

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

Looks like I have something to do in the airport tomorrow! Thanks girl.

Alex said...

Thanks for the shout out, Margaret! :-) You are too sweet! (And I think your babes are the most precious on the planet!)

Joanna said...

I'm sorry you didn't get your Clara Elizabeth :( It is the perfect name, you are right about that!! ;) (we have darn good taste!) But Emma Claire is pretty darn cute.