Monday, April 20, 2009

28 weeks!


This pregnancy is flying by at lightning speed! I can hardly believe that I'm already 28 weeks along and this little boy will be here in less than three months. I'm doing really well--I get weekly progesterone injections (not fun!!) that have so far been successful at preventing the preterm labor issues I had in my other pregnancies. I've never been this far along and not been on full bed rest, so I'm really enjoying living a normal life while expecting. I'm having some difficulty gaining weight (still below my pre-pregnancy weight), but I eat like a pig and the growth ultrasounds have shown that the baby is growing nicely and measures exactly as he should, so I'm confident that he'll be healthy no matter how much I end up gaining. 

We are going to name him Charles Whitt and call him Whitt---Charles is after a good family friend who passed away two years ago at the very young age of 22, and Whitt is Ben's great-grandmother's maiden name. Grayson talks about "Baby Whitt" constantly, and loves to give my belly kisses and hugs. Emma Claire really doesn't get what's going on, but she does like to lift up my shirt and say "Whitt". :) 

It's funny how different things are with the third baby. With Grayson, we had the nursery set up by my fourth or fifth month, and by this point in my pregnancy all of his clothes were washed and put away, and everything was just waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting!) for his arrival. With Emma Claire, the nursery was pretty much complete by a few weeks before her due date, although it wasn't nearly as cute as Grayson's nursery had been. This time, we have NOTHING ready and have no idea when we'll have time to do it all. We are planning on moving Emma Claire's crib and changing table/dresser down to the guest room and moving everything from the guest room up to the bonus room, but so far none of that has been done. I've been gathering baby stuff from around the house and tossing it into a pile in the guest room, so we have a good bit of the stuff he'll need in one place, but I highly doubt the nursery will be complete by July---and the thing is, neither Ben nor I are worried about it. We know that all he really needs are some clean clothes, a bassinet, and some diapers---all of which he'll have by the time he gets here. :)

We are all anticipating meeting little Whitt in a few weeks and know that he will be the perfect addition to our family! 

post signature

7 comments:

Andrea said...

You look great!!! Love the name! I don't think I have ever asked you the name before !

Leslie said...

So glad your pregnancy is going great! You look awesome and the name you picked out is so cute! Keep us updated!!

Jenny said...

Awww! Congrats! You look amazing and I love his name. :0)

Anne said...

You look gorgeous and Whitt is a precious name! Hope you continue to feel well!

Susan said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady!!!! I love the name choice!!!

Angela said...

You look FABULOUS! SOOOO jealous! :) Pregnancy looks great on you! LOVE the name--you could make a living out of picking cute baby names! :)

Jennifer said...

Way to go! I know you are excited to not be on bedrest! YAY!