Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The one who never slows down...




...and apparently loves buckets! :) It's so hard to get a decent picture of Grayson anymore because he never stops moving!!! Our little comedian is always busy, busy, busy and keeps us laughing all day. He is every bit of a three-year-old and cracks us up with how literal he is. A couple of examples:

While riding in the car recently, I asked him to slide his car seat chest clip up higher. He, of course, asked the inevitable "why?" that follows every single thing I tell/ask him. I told him it was because I didn't want him to go flying out of the car if we were in an accident. His response (accompanied with a confused face): "I can't fly out of the car, Mommy. I'm not a bird!" 

He was telling our babysitter a few nights ago about our cat, Chester. The sitter asked him if he feeds Chester......Grayson's matter-of-fact response: "No, he eats by himself in the garage!". I am still laughing about that one! :)

Grayson is so excited for his baby brother to arrive in a few weeks. He tells me that he loves Whitt at least ten times a day and is always asking if he can pull up my shirt and give him a kiss and a hug. Grayson can push my buttons more than any other person on this planet, but then he will turn around and just ooze sweetness and love. He has definitely given us a run for our money, but my heart is so filled with love for him and his sister that sometimes it feels like it's going to break. :)

More Grayson funnies to come again soon, I'm sure!! 

post signature

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love his cute little comments! Too funny!

Molly said...

I just went to see a couple friends down in Florida, and their little girl will be 4 in June. It's such a fun age for comments. :) Kaia said some amazing things. They had a friend over and her baby was crying. I asked Kaia if she wanted to go comfort her and she looked at me sideways and said, "Oh, no. that's baby Eliyah. She's not mine." :) So funny. Also, her uncle is in 8th grade and has taken to studying Japan and is actually trying to learn the language. Something came on in the car about Japan and she piped up, "My uncle's Japanese!" Love it. Enjoy and write it all down!!