Saturday, February 27, 2010

One of the reasons I've been absent from the blog....




Yes, she is ridiculously adorable, but Miss Emma Claire is not as innocent as she looks. She is wild, daring, adventurous, curious, mischievous, independent, loud, and silly. In the past week, some of the things she has done include (but are not limited to): throwing a cup of water into and all over Grayson's room, swinging from the chandelier in her room and pulling it from the ceiling, coloring on the kitchen floor, coloring on the kitchen table, coloring (with ball point pen) on the couch, biting Grayson's stomach and breaking the skin, putting a chair onto an ottoman and somehow sitting on it without toppling over, having her first accident after being potty trained for months, and pitching a royal fit in TJ Maxx and drawing the attention of every customer in the store. This little girl is wearing me out!!! I don't know what has gotten into her, but it seems like every time I turn my back she is getting into something else. I can only imagine what her teenage years will be like!

As much as I complain about her, I love this child so incredibly much. She is amazingly smart and helpful, can instantly make friends with every child at the park, makes us laugh all the time, talks non-stop, and can entertain herself for hours on end. She is such a girly girl but a tomboy at the same time. She knows how to whine like every other two year old on the planet, but is also so sweet, kind, and affectionate. She adores her big brother and I trust her completely with her baby brother. She's my only female alliance in our house and I don't know what I'd do without her. She makes me crazy many times a day, but she's my sweet EC and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her.

Now I need to go see what disaster she has created while I was writing this post! :)

post signature

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Ah, yes. Welcome to the wonderful world of "The Second Child". Our #2 is much more daring and challenging than his predecessor. #2s keep moms and dads on their toes, but are also the most loving little children ever. :)

Andrea said...

So stinking adorable though!! Getting her and Savannah together again could be interesting!

MatersandMelons said...

Sanders Jr!!!!

Melissa W. said...

I'll bet you anything, she is going through a 'phase.' I hate it when Amelia 'acts out' and someone tells me "it is just a phase," but most of the time it really is one. Hope it doesn't last long! xoxo