Tuesday, October 23, 2007

4 months old and deja vu

I can't believe that my baby is 4 months old already! Emma Claire had her 4 month checkup this morning and is a healthy little girl. She weighs 13 lb 10 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. 50th percentile for weight and a little more than 50th percentile for length. She's reaching all of her milestones on time and growing like she should be, so Dr. Nicole was happy. We're going to wait until she's 6 months old to start baby food since things are going so well with nursing and she doesn't have any interest in real food yet. She did great with her shots---a few little screams but calmed right down. Mommy didn't watch so she actually stayed calm this time, too! :)

Deja vu...
Emma Claire has been diagnosed with torticollis, a condition in which the head is tilted toward one side. Grayson also had this and did 9 months of twice-weekly physical therapy until he was 12 months old, so we know what's in store for us this time. Ben and I noticed a few weeks ago that Emma Claire looked like she also had it so I wasn't surprised at all when Dr. Nicole said that she wants to refer her for therapy. It's not a big deal at all----torticollis basically means that a baby's neck muscles are short and tight on one side and long and loose on the other side. It's 100% correctable and we know this since Grayson is perfectly fine now, and PT was a really great experience for him.

In other news, poor Grayson is really sick this week. He was very fussy and refused to eat all weekend, so I took him to the doctor yesterday (twice in two days, aren't we lucky?) and it turns out that he has a virus that causes ulcers all over his mouth and tongue (OUCH!!) and on top of that he has strep throat. No wonder he hasn't wanted to eat since Thursday! He's lost a pound so I'm trying my best to get him to eat and drink, but the best he'll do is drink a little juice and Pediasure every day. Cross your fingers that my little buddy feels better soon---it's not fun having a sick, whiney 2 year old! :(


post signature

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor Grayson! That has to hurt! You go, EC! She seems to be doing wonderfully! I can't believe that Savannah will be 4 months on Friday! She goes next week for her 4 month checkup so I will give you updates. I am a little worried that she will be over the 100% for her weight. But better fat than underweight I guess! She pretty cute with all her baby fat! Love the new pics! Talk to you soon!

Marie said...

I hope Grayson gets better soon - and you are sounding so confident and awesome in your posts -- I am in awe!